the PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System PIF-300 has unquestionably stood the test of time. Regardless of what number of electric pooch wall hit the market, this PetSafe remote fence keeps on winning best ratings year in and year out.
It is an excellent alternative to typical above ground fencing system–furthermore really cost effective. Without any wires bury you can have this compact canine fence up and running in less than 60 minutes.
Since 1991 the Petsafe has been manufacturing amazing in-ground and above ground fencing systems. Their love for pets and dedication for helping pet owners is strengthened by their continuous responsibility regarding safe pet items and first class consumer satisfaction. If you want to know more than keep reading—in this detailed article I’ll all ups and downs of this system.
PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System Reviews
What PestSafe Wireless Containment System PIF-300 offer?
This PIF-300 is one of the most selling wireless containment system by PetSafe and also effective and safe for pet weighing 8 lbs or more.
- 5-level adjustment static correction
- Beep only mode
- Capable to ½ acre area—and can be enhanced up to 1acre with addition
- Fully portable
- Over correction protection guarantees that dog never receive electric signal more than 30 seconds
- Low battery warning
- Can be used for multiple dogs
- Multiple compatible collar so you can choose the one of your choice
- Amazing customer service
The PetSafe offer limited lifetime warranty that mean if anything breaks during first year you will get a replacement free of cost and for the remaining time you will get special discount. As compared to any other available this wireless DIY dig fence is offer easy and quick installation. Everything is setup right out of the box and you can start training your four legged friend straight away.
What’s included in the box?
- Transmitter with power adapter
- 1x RFA-67 battery
- Receiver Collar fitted with short Prong (1/2”)
- 1x set of long Prongs (3/4”)
- 50 boundary flags
- Test Bulb Tool
- Training and Operating guide
PetSafe Wireless Dog fence—First Impression
Every unit comes with some limitations and same goes with that it’s not perfect for every yard. This portable system sets up quickly and amazingly effective in its work. With that price it is nearly impossible to find that much features. If you are looking for the top quality pet containment system than you should go for this because being portable you can take this with you for added safety of your furry friend. The previous track record makes this worthy.
What Dog’s Lover say?
This PIF-300 received many positive reviews in past few years. I spent many hours in searching for what reason people like it or dislike it.
Pet owners like it due to:
- Easy installation
- Quick setup
- Fully portable
- Effective to teach the dogs to stay in their specified boundary
- Collar can be adjusted independently which makes it suitable for different kind, size and temperament of dogs
- Automated receiver turns off when transmitter stops working
- Very less maintenance required
- Well instructed user manual and training guide
- Efficient customer service
As mentioned above it comes with some limitation and also has some unsatisfied customers. I have searched a lot and got vast majority of positive reviews but very less negative.
Pet owners dislike it due to:
- Limited circular shape boundary
- Inconsistency in boundary limit
- Doesn’t work well in yard having lot of trees
Not only the PIF-300 but all wireless fence systems have this issue. But in the end I say that it has vast majority of satisfied customers.
One thing that makes it most lovable is its easy installation process. All you have to do is just plug in transmitter, set the boundary and fit the receiver collar around your dog’s neck—and you are ready to go.
In a complete package the transmitter is the key thing—the size is just like a gallon of paint. Some do not have any issue in taking large sized transmitter with them on trips. After finding the suitable location for setup the step needs to be performed to adjust the control are:
- Boundary switch: Adjust it to desired containment area and set it at low or high as you require.
- Boundary Control Dial: Determines how far the receiver collar will activate.
This water proof collar is great relief for pet owners. Keep in mind it works properly when it get wet but if you submerge it in water for a longer time period it can get damage. The major downside that people disliked most is that the collar is not rechargeable and use disposable RFA-67 battery which last almost for 2 to 3 months.
- Collar: PetSafe PIF-275
- Collar Dimension: 1.5” x 2.25” x 1.5”
- Collar weight: 8 lbs
- Collar Contact Points: 2x ½-inch (short) the larger probe (3/4-inch) is also available for more furry dog
The collar is made with durable material its durability depends upon how roughly your dog likes to play. The receiver unit is transferable which is going to be great help for owners having a pet that like to play hard and roll over dirt—just replace the older strap in this situation.
Another excellent feature is Over Correction Protection which guarantees that your dog will not receive a static correction over 30 seconds.
Low Battery Waning
The good this about this wireless system is that it has low battery warning—when you see a red flash light that means the time to change the battery has arrived. Being a visual reminder fan I like this feature very much.
- Fully portable
- Wireless fencing system
- Durable and reliable
- Effective for every kind of dog
- Budget friendly
- Non-rechargeable collar
- Disposable battery last only 2-3 months
This PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System is an excellent product available in market. It is lightweight, portable and evenly effective for different kind of dogs. There are many features that make this system a healthy consideration. Make this system your prior choice if you are looking for and effective unit in affordable price.